Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seven Blessings of First Fruit Offering

"So God is true, He lives and listens."

When you read any verses from Bible, sometimes it is hard to fully understand it, right until you come to have it on a real experience. You finally are able to grasp it when God translates the verse directly to your profound soul. It takes time, though.

My time was finally arrived because the prayer I murmured every morning since the first month of my internship begun was answered. Even things that I forgot to pray for, was given back to me. How this happened, I never will understand, but one thing now is clear, putting your faith on is one source of a great power to bring forth a real life testimony.


The church I come to every week is so active in teaching lessons about giving God your very best sacrifice as a form of obedience. It is about giving your first fruit offering (Exodus 23:15-19). What is that? It is simply to give your very first income of where God gives you land to work on (your workplace).

In short, the words touched me as I learned to obey. In the verses of Exodus 23:20-, it states that the first fruit offering could activate The Seven Blessings, they are:

1. Angel that will walk in front of you
2. Our enemy is also His enemy
3. Your bread and drink are guaranteed
4. No disease will be near you
5. No miscarriage or infertility in your land
6. Fulfillment of your days of life and long lasted life
7. Fruitful life and the possession of the promise land

Who doesn't want to possess all of these blessings? So, as the part of act of obedience, when the monthly incentive payment time came, I gave back the money I received after I fulfill the house rent fee. At first, I just waited and waited, I didn't know that you need to claim those blessings every single day (oh pity pity me!). So the first time I gave, I didn't feel that much of difference cause I know every day God already walked with me anyway :D.

But there was this one prayer I kept replaying, which is for God to give my mother a job that she needs.  So I gave the first income again, the one I got when I started working at my second internship place. And thanks to the man that testified about the power of giving the first fruit offering in the church, now I know that I have to claim the blessings.

Now I prayed, not saying that If You willing to give me, O God, but declaring that I know I will receive the blessings (and actually, my main focus is still "please give my mom her job" prayer). I waited, and once I questioned the result, hesitated the power. But then faith tapped my back, to not ever questioned God ever.

After that, not too long (about 2 weeks), my mom sent a text saying that Praise the Lord she got the job she's been interviewed for. Wave of relief came washing my stomach and weary heart right at the time I read her text.

I prayed the next morning, saying that I'm thankful. Then a flash came to my mind, I could see there how God actually had fulfilled the blessings, it's just that I wasn't sensitive enough to realize (I know it's lame). See, I make this list right now, the proof that Jesus really loves His people. And I'm proud to say that one of 'em is MOI.

1. My mom got a job
2. I don't know how but I never feel a day of lack of something. When I felt short on cash, a little miracle happened continuously. Strangers paid me my bus fare twice (I'd like to remember them as angels) and my kos-kosan friend helped to fetch me near my office so I can walk and don't have to spare any Rupiah. Or how about lunch paid by my supervisor twice, right when I don't have money?
3. I felt really sick one day, my stomach felt funny. I prayed, Angel supposedly won't let me be sick, right? So I continued going home riding the bus, alone and queasy. I tried to vomit but failed, then another "portal" opened. I slept on it. Next day, I felt like Imma brand new (SWAAG!). No medicine, just a faithful whispering.

4. Well this one could be the most proud moment I ever had. I had this childhood dream, that I sort of gave up along the way. I wanted to be a writer ever since I read the World Figure Series of Hans Christian Andersen. I loved the idea of being one, I love reading, I love language, but the determination to keep dreaming for it somehow just died.
It says that when you give First fruits, God will give back what belongs to you. Well, it happened.


When God happens in your life, then you can call it 'life'.

24 comments:

  1. God bless you for this..amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! You are a true child of God. Your testimony is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the testimony

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great testimony of what our Daddy can do. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise be to the faithful God. God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your testimony shall remain permanent in Jesus name amen.... And am the next to testify amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am encouraged by your write up. God bless you for putting it online for someone like me to read ata time like this.

    Asante.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the Lord! God never fails to you back when you faithfully give him the first fruits of your income. He gives you double. Try it,! Results of prayer n cheerfully giving n sharing what you have makes you happy n God is happy n protects our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God keeps His promise to us . "The more you give the more you receive."

      Delete
  9. How do I also be a partaker of God blessings??
    Am new here...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stand in agreement with you and receive those blessings 🙌🏽 🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God for you explain the first groups to me I've always give and now I understand why God bless you in many ways

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s a very interesting confession and a prayers were helpful and made me think 🤔 about myself and my wife situations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this. I still need to understand the first fryit giving. Did you give all you pay or took out your rent. Its not clear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Amazing
    I'm encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first fruit offering was in 2020, then I told God to give me a miracle job all of a sudden in 2021 God gave me job i did not expect glory be to God. it pay to honor God with our substance

    ReplyDelete
  16. I gave my 1st fruit to God all my January salary payment.and now waiting for Him to work for me too

    ReplyDelete
  17. You ministered to me so am gonna follow your path in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praise the Lord. Faithful obedience to God’s word always brings glorious results.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this easy-to-understand expository on first fruits and their benefits. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your testimony is really motivating and also source of encouragement. I payed my first fruit offering today and was browsing the internet to find out the benefits then I come across your testimony and the seven benefits. I'm so blessed. Thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete